Saturday, June 16, 2007

Shin Splints - Oh My!

Sorry guys, guess I slacked off with the blog last week. Things are going well. As expected the swim is my best sport. The coaches have told me that my form is good. They could tell that I was a swimmer at one time. The only advice I got was to keep my head down as I tend to look forward when swimming. I did notice an immediate difference when I placed my head further down in the water and watched the bottom of the pool vs. looking ahead. It has been a while since my competitive swimming days, but looking back, I do recall keeping my head down when I was going all out to beat the gals in the lanes next to me.

Today's workout was swim/run. We swam a total of 1000 meters. My run was supposed to be 40 minutes, but was cut short due pain in my shins and under my arches. The coach sent me back with concerns of beginning shin splints. So I have exercises and stretches to do as well as ice massages on my shins. I will need to visit a podiatrist as well to look into some good arch supports to keep me going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home